Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2016

D&D figures wip



Both figures have been assembled, and excess metal has been shaved off.
The Orc is a reaper mini figure[Varaug, Orc Warlord], and the drow is [Alicavniss Vonnarc]
from Pathfinder. I am going to post step by step pictures along with the paints I have used throughout the process. Stay tuned for updates.




Here they are primed white, and ready to move on to base coat painting. In the past I have used a grey primer, but chose white this time. Using a white primer will allow your colors to appear a bit more vibrant. If you choose to take a more dark approach you can always prime with grey or black to achieve that effect.


I will start with the Orc first. I am a big fan of P3 paints, so those are the ones that I will showcase in this blog. For the heavy armor, I have used Thamar black.


I use a wet palette so the paint is watered down just a little bit. This will allow you to add a base coat that is not too thick, and does not take away from the model details.




For the base coat layers, I have used 4 different paints: For the skin: Gnarls green; Hair: 2-1 mix of Ironhull grey and Thamar black. For the leather and fur: Umbral umber















Here are a few shots, of each of the layers applied to the model. I left the cloth unpainted for now because I will finish that part up towards the end.








As you can see he is coming right long. Up next I will be working on all the details. This step is always my favorite part. This is when the model starts to come to life and all your hard work begins to pay off. See you all soon, more pictures to come!

So for the next section, I have used a bunch of different paints and mixes.
On the skin/face I have used a mix of gnarls green/iosan green, and iosan green/sulfuric yellow.
The armor has a light lair of blighted gold dry brushed across it.
The base lair on the cloth will be skorne red.

For the hair, I used a mix of ironhull grey and morrow white. Here is what my palette looks like:


Here are some pictures showing the progress so far:








I decided to lighten the hair up by dry brushing a 1 - 2 mix of sulfuric yellow and bloodtracker brown





Well, it's been a long weekend but I did find time to work on the orc a bit. I used a bunch of various paint mixes for the next part. I've touched up the face a bit with a mix of ioasan green, heartfire, and morrow white. For the armor: blighted gold mixed with heartfire and morrow white. I don't use the standard 1 - 3, or 1 - 2 mix for this part. I just pull the colors together on the wet palette as I go.




For the leather gloves, and arm band I dry brushed a layer of bloodtracker brown, then dry brushed a layer of beast hide. Finally I touched it up with highlights of a heartfire, morrow white, bloodtracker brown mix.





I chose this wyrd base for him. I primed and painted it fairly quickly. I was pleased with how it turned out.


For the last part, I followed the same mixes as above. I have completed the bottom half and touched up some areas. I will post a few pictures of the results below.













This one was fun painting, and turned out pretty sweet. I am going to start the drow next in new post. Thanks for following along with the progress everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment